my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What's Wrong with Me?

Another two plus weeks with no blogging action. What is wrong with me? I vow to back to a place where I have something worth while to say. The more I talk about working out the more I like to do it. And the more I have to admit that I ate three desserts the less I want to do it. So blogging is good on many levels. And if I continue blogging maybe you will too. And reading your posts helps me most of all.

Last night Brandy and I tried out the YMCA. Lincoln has four YMCA locations, all of which you get to attend if you join one branch. Two locations are nice and new (one is 30 minutes away down south, the other is 15 minutes away out by my mom's house). The one by me is old. And it shows. But I got a guest pass in the mail and was determined to try two classes there and to judge the entire gym on that experience! First we took spinning. It was excellent. Although I missed my goodyear-gals, I found the class a great workout. Everyone was welcoming and the bikes were wonderful. They have digital readouts so you know how hard you are working. And, all the bikes work, which is quite an improvement from Goodyear. This gym was getting high rankings by me! Then we tried Power Pump. I had my fingers crossed that this would be similar to BodyPump. It was not. I just don't understand people who take these weight-lifting classes. Once you do bodypump, you'll never go back. That being said, I am a tad sore today. And I can see how doing these different moves might work different muscles than I am used to. But I didn't break a sweat in class, and I wouldn't say I was at all worn out. I could have done these same things during the commercial break of a television show. Maybe I will.

1 comment:

BrandyGirl said...

I'm back! It's your turn now!! :)