my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Two Weeks, No Blog?

I have never gone two weeks without updating, and I am feeling bad about it. But I have't been feeling great the last two weeks in more than one way, so it's hard to think of uplifting and motivating things to write about. I got a cold the week of Thanksgiving, and although I never had a second to take off from life, I took a little time off from working out (five days). I went back to class on Wednesday evening for a slightly easier version of that Boxing class and then Thursday ended up with a mild case of food poisoning. I was only out for a day with that, but ended up losing four pounds. After two solid weeks of having no consistency I find it is a lot easier to skip working out and not worrying about what I am eating. However, I need to turn that around this week and that is why I am finally updating this blog.

I have been feeling pretty depressed about my life lately, and that's just not something I like to put out there on the Internet for everyone to read. When I turned 29 last year I promised to have a different life by this time next year. And I don't. I have a worse life. And now I have one month left to get into a good place. I know that a lot of exercise and healthy eating can get me in a better frame of mind... and that's all I can change.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Worse life? That makes me sad. I hear ya though about a bad couple weeks. I wasn't sick like you, but I definitely had my fair share of melt-downs and freak out sessions. Hopefully we can help each other get on a better work-out/life track!

Unknown said...

It's about time you posted. I will be coming back to the gym at least Monday or Wednesday soon - but honestly maybe not regularly until the first of the year. I have a lot of organization and shopping to do before Christmas. Anyway, maybe that will make things a little better?